Who we are…
Jeremy and I (Monica) met in high school in Frederick County, MD. We went to University of Maryland together and were married in 2009. Jeremy is a Software Engineer at a small company in DC. I teach 8th grade mathematics in MD public schools. Despite our grown-up jobs, we are still “kids”. We have a passion for music, love the beach and watch a lot of Star Trek.
Where we live…
We bought our home the summer of 2009 (just a few weeks before we were married). We had been searching for a home for over 6 months, all over the DC-Metro area. Our home is a split level house, built in 1997. The home was wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling beige. Since then, we have vanquished beige with a vengeance.
What we do…
We are into all things DIY!
- sewing apparel and housewares
- brewing beer
- painting (walls, trim, doors, shutters, electronics, …)
- building bookcases (stand alone and built-in)
- trying out new vegetarian recipes
- installing flooring
- installing surround sound
- building computers
- home organization
- dry wall installation and repair
- supporting local farmers and artisans
- jewelry design
We hope that list will keep growing longer!